Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Final Week

The digital imaging classroom instruction ended on Monday, April 8, but the teaching and learning never end. I've tried to use this class to push me and my technological inhibitions. While I won't say that using technology in the classroom is something that comes naturally on a daily basis, I can say that I'm getting there.
With each weeks prompt, I have tried to choose the more challenging choice. I have done this because I want to force myself out of my comfort zone and into a new paradigm.  Photography was something that I was very familiar with and could technically create a good image. Lightroom pushed me because I was already familiar with Photoshop. Digital video on the other hand totally challenged me from day one. I progressed from simply capturing something that was already going on to creating skits and planning them out. I then worked on editing and moved from long sloppy cuts to more precise cuts and editing. While video is a medium that I can see will take years to master, I know that it is an excellent tool to use in the classroom.

Below is the Prezi I presented to the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment